Saturday, July 30, 2011

House Update.

The brick/stone is all finished except for the very front of the house. All the sheetrock has been finished and next week the plan is for them to texture and paint! Brock came to me one day last week and said "I have a confession...I think you were right on not wanting austin stone for the house..." (that was the one thing he INSISTED on- pure white stone- so he got it) "I think I will listen to you now on decorating" :) Now while this made me very happy for him to actually admit he might have made a mistake AND to give me full control on decorating, I don't think the stone looks bad! (but don't tell Brock)
 Also, the rug and entry table I mentioned (Homeowners.), they have since been returned :) Have to love how often I change my mind! The rug ended up being the wrong color because the company has since changed the dye on the background. It was just too brown. The entry hall table.. well with some other pieces I have picked out it just would have been too much of the same thing. Here are a few of the new purchases:
This will be the entry hall rug. The picture just does not do it justice! This rug has so much texture- I do not like "flat" rugs. It is black, grey, and beige not blue like it looks in this picture...
This will be the living room rug.  

This is our new sofa/chaise lounge/day bed that will go in one of the spare rooms. 

Also purchased, but I don't have any pictures yet, are two barstools! Now I saw these barstools originally at Restoration Hardware but I knew that Brock would kick me out of the house along with the barstools if I ever paid that much for them. So- I found them at Dallas World Trade Center :) The EXACT same stools for a 1/5 of the price! I think this will be all of my purchases before we actually move in- The rest I really need to see how things layout first. The office area will be my next big tackle!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting babe. i meant to cal you all weekend to catch up with the guys were playing but my kids had me so busy i forgot.
    ill call soon. hope you are feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete