Thursday, March 28, 2013

relief society birthday- finding joy in the journey.

For those who don’t know, The Relief Society is the largest women’s organization in the world.  (It is the women’s organization of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, the Mormons, of which I am a member.)  Every year, we celebrate the organization of the Relief Society with some type of activity/meeting for the women in our ward.  (A ward is how our church members are organized into congregations based on geographical locations.)
Well, I was "in charge" of the birthday celebration for Relief Society with my friend Jessica by my side! 
I decided the 'theme' would be Alice & Wonderland: a very merry birthday!- "finding joy in the journey" 
(based off a talk by President Monson in 2008- I said, Alice had a journey through wonderland, where she met the mad hatters *everyone had to wear hats*, and had a very merry un-birthday)
This was a super fun theme with lots of different directions to take it. 
We spent all morning setting up in the gym with lights, things hanging from above etc- only an hour before- when we have shown up early to set out the food- to be told we have to move into a small side room. (the is a whole different story I will spare all from- but lets just say, I didn't take as many pictures as planned because I was a little upset and it didn't have the same 'picture effect' it was going to!)
Despite the last minute changes, it was a wonderful night, filled with food, fun, and laughs! Guess I needed to take a lesson from my theme- find joy in the journey!
 some of my lovely friends
 Not going to lie, I was pretty excited about how my first cake done with fondant turned out!
thank you to all the ladies who came & to all the ladies who helped!
but, most of all, THANK YOU to one of my besties- Jessica! You are amazing!!

1 comment: