Tuesday, April 30, 2013

nwm dc 2013.

After running NWM in SF last year- we were excited when Nike announced they were doing their first NWM race outside of SF! They chose such an awesome location- Washington DC! Mom, sis and I of course signed up- but this time as a group so that in the lottery if one of us got chosen, all of us were in. Sure enough- we got in
        My hadders didn't want me to leave- she was being super adorable all.day.
It was another fun filled girls weekend- People ask why I keep doing these races- it's because I get to go on fun trips with my mom and sister. Day before the race we went to the Expo and got all our neat 'swag' & found our names on the 'wall'
As for the race...not great. I was just lazy and didn't run as much as I should have (no excuses)-my mom is recovering from fracturing her pelvis so the dr only released her to walk- and on mile 3, ash and I were chugging along just fine together when she got a horrible pain in her calf. We ended up slowing way down and enjoying the sites! Still surprised she was able to finish with the major limp she had! {ends up she strained 1-3 tendons in her calf...it was super swollen and now she has to sit out our race in June. bummer.}
I had never been to DC before, so we did all the tourist-y things! What a beautiful city it is:
we stayed at the JW Marriot- it was across the street from the start/finish line. It couldn't have been more perfect.
 making wishes!
I'm a big fan of all the Smithsonian museums- so much to see, so little time.
{I brought hadley back some slippers from the Smithsonian science museum}
 On our last day, we did some shopping and dessert&drinks at the POV lounge on top of the W hotel- it overlooks the White House.
Until next time- {best finisher medal award goes to NWM, always. Tiffany's necklaces}

No comments:

Post a Comment